This is a Book Club discussion about "So You Want to Talk About Race" by Ijeoma Oluo .
Books may be borrowed from the Mid-Continent Public Library South Branch approximately 4 weeks prior to the Book Club meeting. When you visit the branch, let them know you are looking for the Blue Springs Chamber Book Club book.
You may attend the Book Club even if you have not finished the book.
By attending this book club discussion, you are agreeing to the following:
• We agree this is a safe space for discussion around the book.
• We agree we will approach the dialogue with each other respectfully and compassionately.
• We understand that subject matter can affect each of us differently because of our lived experiences and we will be compassionate with each other and create healthy boundaries in conversation.
• We agree that we will be mindful of differing opinions and perspectives and leave politics outside of this discussion to focus on the book and our shared experience.
• We agree that we will share the space and give each other time to speak.